A Complete Guide on How to Create an Animated Text VideoIf you’ve been wowed by beautiful text animations and are trying to make your own (by the way, find the perfect template like the one above using this animation templates), we’re here to show you the paths you can choose to do it, step by step. Brief text animations are perfect for video intros, outros, transitions, short announcements, promos, and even quotes. Graphics that move in a multimedia project are called motion graphics. Some time ago, graphic design only existed in a still format. Now, with motion graphics, time and space factors also play a role, making this a versatile and beautiful form of art. Motion graphics is a huge world, so, for now, we’ll stick to the basics. The paths that we’ll review today are: downloading (or creating) vector graphics using Adobe Illustrator, and then animating them in After Effects, or using a text animation maker that lets you get creative while saving you a lot of time. We’ll test both alternatives. The first path I’m taking is doing it all manually using After Effects.
How to Make a Text Animation
Useful Principles of AnimationOne of the main aspects to consider when creating an animation is realness. By realness, experts think in terms of the naturality of movement, and how it should be used to express a feeling or a personality. Since movement is a major component of Motion Graphics, you should keep in mind the following principles:
- Squash and Stretch. This action gives your graphics the illusion of weight and volume. How extreme the action is, depends on the subtlety or exaggeration you wish the movement to have.
- Anticipation. Almost every real action has a brief or long anticipation that we can think of as a backward movement. Imagine someone about to jump: they don’t just float in the air, but prepare their legs to take the leap, often moving a little bit downwards. This is a way of anticipating, and you should consider it when thinking of movement.
- Slow Out and Slow In. This is to keep the movements soft. A steady speed is usually achieved halfway through a movement and is not exactly the same at the beginning and the end.
- Timing. The more frames you use in an animation, the slower it’ll play. Find the balance between too slow and too fast while considering distance, as well.
- Exaggeration. Think of a caricaturization of the actions. This will make your animation have more appeal and not look mechanical.
Using a Text Animation Maker – No After Effects Needed!If you’re interested in saving time and making beautiful animations, you’ll want to consider a text animation maker as an alternative. Placeit has several animation templates that you can customize in minutes without having to leave your browser. They’re perfect for any purpose and the people at Placeit are constantly uploading more templates that you can choose from! Follow these simple steps to create your own animation using Placeit:
- Pick the template you like the most.
- Type your own message in the text boxes. Use one or all of them (some templates have more than one text box), simply tick the ones you want to use.
- Select a background color. Some templates will let you upload a background image.
- Select a text color. A few templates have more elements that you can customize with color, such as figures.
- Click on “Generate” to watch a preview of your animation. You can go back and make as many changes as you want.
- Go ahead and download your video!
Why Is Video Content Important?Ever since people have been uploading videos on the web, they’ve been experimenting and reinventing the format time and time again. Think of the boom of YouTube and Vine a while ago, these video-centered platforms changed the game. Even though the latter is no longer active, it became the staple of quick video content. Now, we can enjoy something similar to Snapchat and Instagram Stories. Facebook video garners triple the engagement and 1,200 percent more shares than text and image posts combined. People are very visual and watch videos to be entertained, inspired, and to learn and discover new things. Motion graphics have been used in videos for a number of reasons, including:
- They turn plain information into appealing and enticing content.
- Can be used for an educational purpose.
- Animated videos look sophisticated and elegant.
- You get to play with narrative while combining the best of graphic design with movement.
Darek Henderson 5/5
Make Your Own Animated Video
Making an incredible text animation is super simple with Placeit's Text Animation Maker, a great alternative to using a time-consuming animation software. Placeit's video templates allow you to edit the text fields and pick the colors that you like best for your fonts, background, and graphics. Check it out now!Try the Text Animation Maker