This year’s Women’s Day 2023 is just around the corner on March 8, and we’re all getting ready for it! Stay caught up and get your facts prepared to understand and celebrate this event with everyone else.
Prepare Yourself for This Women’s Day 2023!
- Why Is Women’s Day Celebrated, and What’s the Theme for This Year?
- When Did International Women’s Day Start?
- International Women’s Day History
- How is International Women’s Day Celebrated?
- Be Creative With How You Show Your Support
- To Wrap It Up!
- FAQ Women’s Day
Why Is Women’s Day Celebrated, and What’s the Theme for This Year?
The main reasons to celebrate this awesome holiday are to:
Celebrate Women’s Achievements
We’ve come a long way from nonvoters, quiet, submissive wives to powerful, self-sufficient women who make changes in the world so other women can enjoy the same opportunities.
Support a Gender-Equal World
Make all industries a women’s industry, too: There are still in 2023 lots of companies in which women have different opportunities than men, like in technological businesses, sports teams, financial companies, and more. To achieve the same career opportunities and be more visible to the world, women all around the world have fought for workplace equality.
It’s hard to hide under a rock in 2023, but a few still need to be made aware of the issues women are facing. For this, we must share the correct information. Remember, knowledge is power!
This is an international day for 20 countries, including Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Russia, and Vietnam, where the tradition is for men to honor the women in their lives. Some other countries like China are simply women celebrating for women. In the United States, it’s actually not recognized as an official holiday. However, this doesn’t stop everyone from joining an event and celebrating.
💜 This year’s theme is “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality”, dedicated to celebrating the achievements of women and girls who are leading the way in transformative technology and digital education. Find all your resources on this year’s International Women’s Day.
When Did International Women’s Day Start?
National Women’s Day is a big hype for everyone, not just women, and each year is growing stronger! But if you’ve ever wondered how international women’s day started, then read ahead:
International Women’s Day History
- In 1909 on February 28, the first National Women’s Day took place in the United States. This day came to honor the worker’s strike in New York against working conditions.
- In 1910 in Copenhagen, and in continuance with the huge movent for women’s rights and universal suffrage, international women’s day was established. With women voting from 17 different countries.
- In 1911 more than one million women attended rallies all over Europe demanding equal working conditions and stopping job discrimination.
- In 1917 women in Russia marched to protest against the backdrop of World War II. Four days later, the Czar with the government granted women the right to vote.
- In 2014 on the 58th session of the Commission, they focused on issues like gender equality and women’s rights and wrote the eight Millenium Development Goals (MDGs). These were essential for future actions to be taken.
- In 2015 the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development & Goals was established, giving every woman activist on the planet a clear path to follow in this journey of gender equality.
Throughout history, women have fought for their rights and the same opportunities as men, each year coming a little close to a balanced gender parity rate. Gender parity is a statistical measure comparing men and women through their incomes, work hours, and other social metrics for equality.
How is International Women’s Day Celebrated?
You can celebrate this day with many different events and actions that will take place all around the world. You can join official events, gatherings, conferences, art exhibitions, festivals, and more! Take a look at the official calendar or ask around to see what’s happening!
Show your support by wearing purple, the official color for this day. You can also make beautiful merch to share with your friends and family and wear proudly on this holiday! But let’s get more into it.
Be Creative With How You Show Your Support
This time of the year is perfect for showing your support and raising awareness among others. You can design all kinds of beautiful products to achieve this. Whether you’re going to rallies or events, raising money for a good cause, or if you want to make a statement, you can make a powerful design for everyone to see!
You can design content for social media, make videos, apparel designs, and design art prints like posters, cards, flyers, business cards, and more! You can even make your own version of the International Women’s Day logo to add to your creations! Using online design templates will make your life way easier.
🔥 Would you like to use any of the templates? Now you can edit them too and give them your own style or empowering message. Just click on each image to edit each women’s day graphic that Placeit by Envato has for you.
Also, you can promote using our pro-women mockups. This makes it easier for you to share your designs and post inspiring content. Post effective content with social media templates and make Instagram stories, Facebook posts, and much more.
To Wrap It Up!
So there it is! Get acquainted with the information for this March 8. Review all the details on every event in your city, make your choices, join, and have a happy national women’s day!
It’s time to raise your voice and show others how to do it. Show your support with beautiful pro-women designs you can make or wear in your blue shirt. Remember the International women’s day 2022 theme is “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality” and your hashtags to use are #IWD2023 #EmbraceEquity
🌸 Get free apparel mockups to put your designs in just a few clicks.
FAQ Women’s Day
Get Ready for this Women’s day 2020
International Women’s Day is coming up and everyone is getting ready. Read about this year’s theme and take a look at the event to keep an eye on! Show your support wearing the official color or make a custom design to wear proudly this day!Make Awesome Women’s Day Designs!
Josef Bain 5/5